Creating a Loop Image Slide
Image Slides are a great way to add highly visual content to your ViewMedica Loops.
To fit properly within VMcast, we suggest the image (jpg or png format) be at least be 1280 pixels wide by 720 pixels high — if you upload your image, our online image editor will help you size and crop.
1. After logging in to your account dashboard, click the VMcast Loops link.
2. If you have no Loops, you will see a green area that says, "Get Started with Loops.” Click on the "Create Loop" button. If you already have one or more Loops, you will see the Loops on the left side of the page. Start a new Loop or select the Loops you want to create the new Image Slide for.
3. Select the blue "Add Custom Content" button. You have many options here: You want to select the "Create Image Slide" link.
4. Give the Image Slide a Title. This title will be seen in the ViewMedica menu system. Use a descriptive name so you can easily find it in your ViewMedica menu.
5. Set the Time on Screen for this Slide. The default time is 10 seconds but some slides may only need 5 seconds. If you have a lot of text, you may need to increase the amount of time it stays up on the screen.
6. Use one of these three methods for selecting an image to use:
Uploading Your Own Image
In the “Create New Image Slide” window, click the “Choose Image to Upload” button. This will bring up your computer’s file structure. Navigate to your image file, select it and click “Choose.”
Your image will load, and a cropping box displays the proper dimensions. Click and drag the box to move it or click and drag the blue handles to resize. When you are finished editing, click the “Crop” button.
PREVIEW and Save it
Preview your finished image. If you want to continue editing, click the “Edit Image” button. If you are happy with the results click the “Save” button. The image is now uploaded to your Media Library, cropped and selected for use in your Loop.
Using An External Image
After selecting the “Use External Image” tab, enter the URL address of you image file into the Image Location field. Most facilities will have their webmaster post Slide images to a directory on there web server. Make sure to get the full URL of the image from your webmaster.
Hit the "Preview" button to make sure the URL is correct and view what your Image Slide will look like.
Using Previously-Uploaded Images
After selecting the “Use My Media Library” tab, the display will update to preview the previously-uploaded images available. Select the image on the left that you want to use.
Your selected art will display on the right of the window.
7. Hit the green "Save and Add to Loop" button. Now you will see the Slide in your Loop.
8. From the Loop, grab the new Slide with your mouse and drag it to the position where you want it to be in the Loop.